İller

28 Ocak 2021 Perşembe

$17 Million Settlement for Harvey Weinstein Accusers


Accusers of the high-profile sexual assault case against Harvey Weinstein (68) have agreed to a $17 million settlement at the Delaware court on Monday, although some women have objected the terms and consider an appeal.

 

Over 80 women accused Harvey Weinstein of sexual misconduct back in 2017. The case has been going on for nearly 4 years now and some women did not agree to be a part of the settlement, while some said they will appeal the settlement. In the settlement, the Weinstein Company does not accept any liability of Harvey’s behavior.

 

Genie Harrison, lawyer representing 5 of the women in favor of settlement said “My clients are relieved. They wanted an outcome, not another promise of years of additional litigation, with them being targets – and that’s the way cases like this are.”

 

Harvey Weinstein was sentenced to 23 years in prison for rape and another felony of sex crime in criminal trial in New York last year in March.


Hibya Haber Ajansı



Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönderme